|Nifty 50 - End of Month (EOM) Chart - Channel analyzing Data from 2008 onward - as on 09 May'14|
|Nifty 50 - End of Week (EOW) Chart - Channel analyzing Data from Mid 2011 onward - as on 09 May'14|
|Nifty 50 - End of Day (EOD) Chart - Channel analyzing Data from Aug'2013, onward - as on 09 May'14|
Learning from last Week: (click here for the previous post)
- Bulls pull off an 'Engulfing' week to revisit the ATH #W1.
- Evening star on the Monthly charts in position to form #M1.
- The ATH was resistance for the Bulls last week while the new Day Channel Bottom was support #D1.
- Index above all the Moving averages that we track.
- STS bounces neatly off its Support line to launch Bulls to the ATH last Friday #W2.
- TRD hanging around the 61.8% Fibonacci retrace #M2.
All screens with the Bulls - Bears defend ATH (All Time High) and retain 'Evening Star' possibility #M1.
Looking Forward into this Week:
- Bears can still trigger a 'Long Term' Evening Star formation, if May candle closes below the range 6704-6712 #M1 (Study links here, here or elsewhere)
- Bulls look forward to a 'Medium Term', Three Outside up, if this week closes above last week's close (Study links here, here or elsewhere)
Support & Resistance:
- Index support that the Bears look to break is 6841 i.e. the May Wall (Wall = Approx Hawala rate - study link here, here or elsewhere) followed by the Evening Star Trigger as above : 6704-6712 .
- Day Channel top (around 7070) is now resistance for the Bulls #D1.
- Golden Cross (study here, here or elsewhere) of the 50 & 200 SMA is on and steady, even as index is clear above these SMAs #D1.
- TRD Indicator getting below the 61.8% retrace boosts bears #M2.
- STS staying above its support line and in the overbought good for Bulls #W2.
Bears see Evening Star formation below 6704-6712 #M1, Bulls look to keep above support line on the STS and make 7070 #W2.