|S&P 500 - End of Month Chart (EOM) - Channel analyzing Data from mid 2009, onward - as on 09 Aug'13|
|S&P 500 - End of Week Chart (EOW) - Channel analyzing Data from Aug' 2011 onward - as on 09 Aug'13|
|S&P 500 - End of Day Chart (EOD) - Channel analyzing Data from Nov'2012, onward - as on 09 Aug'13|
Learning from the Past Week: (click here for the previous post)
- A Bearish Harami forms on the weekly charts #W1.
- Index has the Day channel Top, Week Channel Top and Month Channel Top as resistances on the upside #M1,#W1 & #D1.
- Month Channel Top near resistance last week #D1.
- Bulls keep above the 13 SMA on the Week Charts #W1.
- Index slips below the 5 EMA and 13 SMA on the EOD charts - by end of the week #D1.
- 5 EMA and 13 SMA on the Day charts #D1 meet.
- RSI 13 stays below oversold & Divergence to Price is apparent #W2.
- Stochastic 34 3 4 (now on EOD) stays oversold #D2.
- Oscillator (now on EOM) dips below oversold - see earlier dips too #M2.
Bears Fight back.
Looking forward into the next Week:
Support & Resistance:
- New All Time High and all the Channel Tops Red, Blue and White #D1, are the next resistances for the Bulls.
- The 76.4% Fibonacci Retrace #M1 - is the next major support.
- Staying above the 5 EMA on the EOM #M1 - shows long term strength of the Bulls.
- 5 EMA & 13 SMA on the Short Term Charts #D1 - poised to cross Bearishly - to be watched.
- Getting below the 13 SMA on the Week Charts #W1 important for Bears.
- Oscillator #M2 keeping above oversold favors the Bulls - notice that its dipping down like in earlier attempts
- RSI sliding below its MA and the negative divergence to Price works for the Bears #W1
Bears look to a 'Three Inside Down' on the Medium Term #W1, Bulls call for a new High and more #M1.