|S&P 500 - End of Month Chart (EOM) - Channel analyzing Data from mid 2009, onward - as on 02 Aug'13|
|S&P 500 - End of Week Chart (EOW) - Channel analyzing Data from Aug' 2011 onward - as on 02 Aug'13|
|S&P 500 - End of Day Chart (EOD) - Channel analyzing Data from Nov'2012, onward - as on 02 Aug'13|
Learning from the Past Week: (click here for the previous post)
- Bulls reduce the 'Triple Top Threat' making new Highs #M1
- Index has also the Day channel Top, Week Channel Top and Month Channel Top as resistances on the upside #M1,#W1 & #D1.
- Bulls keep above the 13 SMA on the Week Charts #W1.
- Index slips below the 5 EMA on the EOD charts - again last week #D1.
- 5 EMA and 13 SMA on the Day charts #D1 choose to deflect..
- RSI 13 slides below oversold & Divergence to Price is apparent #W2.
- Stochastic 34 3 4 (now on EOD) stays oversold #D2.
- Oscillator (now on EOM) pops into oversold - see earlier pops too #M2.
Bulls stay High.
Looking forward into the next Week:
- Bulls almost clear off the Triple Top Threat conclusively ...
Support & Resistance:
- New All Time High and all the Channel Tops Red, Blue and White #D1, are the next resistances for the Bulls.
- The 76.4% Fibonacci Retrace #M1 - is the next major support.
- Staying above the 5 EMA on the EOM #M1 - shows long term strength of the Bulls.
- 5 EMA & 13 SMA #D1 - Deflection was good for Bulls.
- Getting below the 13 SMA on the Week Charts #W1 important for Bears.
- Oscillator #M2 keeping above oversold favors the Bulls - notice that its slipping down again..
- RSI sliding below its MA #W2 (almost there) - would be good for Bears.
Bears hope one of the Channel Top Resistances hold, Bulls call for a new High and more #M1.